toda noticia "stone", la encontras aqui ....! "every stone news, you find it here"


* toda noticia "stone", la encontras aqui ! : informaciòn de los miembros de la banda, sus mùsicos, sus esposas , sus ex esposas , parientes e hijos ...

* "every stone news, you find it here: information of its members, its musicans and their wives, ex wives, partners and children ...."

* Los Stones son más que una banda de rock , los Stones son un estilo de vida!

* The Stones are more than a rock band, the Stones are of life style !
ANDREW LOOG OLDHAM

* Las publicaciones son trabajos de investigación, interpretación y traducción del autor ( Marcelo Tejera ) y no pueden ser reproducidos en otros sitios web, en todo o en parte, sin su autorización expresa.

* publication are research. interpretation and translation of the author (Marcelo Tejera) and may not be reproduced on other websites, in whole or in part, without express authorization.






martes, 10 de septiembre de 2013

Entrevista a John Primer (por "Stones Please Dont Stop")


Ayer al mediodia , en  pleno centro de la Ciudad Buenos Aires , antes de su partida a la Ciudad de Cordoba, entrevistamos a John Primer,  Blusero! Guitarrista de Muddy Waters y partícipe de la noche mágica e inolvidable , para todos los fans Stones, el 22 de Noviembre de 1981 , en el único y soñado encuentro ente Muddy Waters y The Rolling Stones en el Checkboard Lounge en Chicago. 

"Stones Please Dont Stop" , quiere agradecer  la colaboracion de Juan Urbano , que hizo posible esta entrevista

(SPDS)  ¿Porque decidió dejar Missisipi y radicarse en Chicago?

* Bueno, básicamente me fui a Chicago porque quería conseguir un trabajo. No es que fui buscando ser músico, lo que quería era tener cualquier trabajo. Mi madre vivía en Chicago, ella se fue a vivir a la ciudad para ayudar a mantenernos. A mi me crió mi abuela. Mi padre falleció cuando tenía 3 años. Mi madre venía en los veranos y se quedaba algunos días, tal vez dos semanas y nos hablaba de la ciudad. Y cuando tuve 18 años y quise conseguir un futuro mejor, Chicago era el lugar al que se me ocurrió instalarme, porque estaba mi madre y algunos familiares.

(SPDS)   En Missisipi : ¿Soño tocar con musicos de la talla de muddy Waters? . ¿Soño "su" presente ? 

* Sí. Siempre amé a Muddy Waters y a Lightnin' Hopkins, esos eran los músicos que más sonaban en la radio. Muddy Waters era el bluesman más importante en los años 50s y yo sabía todas sus canciones. O al menos creía que las sabía (risas). Por esa época todavía no tocaba tan bien, pero las cantaba, me sabía las letras y trataba de tocar algo de slide y unos acordes básicos de acompañamiento. Pero si me preguntás si soñé viajar por el mundo tocando blues, la respuesta es no. No me imaginaba que eso fuera posible. Quería conocer a Muddy Waters, ser un músico. Pero jamás pensé que iba a llegar a tener la carrera que tengo.

 (SPDS)  ¿Quienes fueron sus bluseros referentes? 

* Bueno, principalmente los que mencioné: Muddy Waters y Lightnin' Hopkins. Y Howlin' Wolf, por supuesto. Tuve la suerte de ser el último guitarrista de Muddy Waters, estuve 4 años hasta su muerte. También me gustaba mucho Elmore James, el rey de la guitarra slide. Sonny Boy Williamson II, su nombre verdadero es Rice Miller, un gran armoniquista, con letras muy ingeniosas, era muy popular en mi juventud. Hay montones de blueseros que me influenciaron, debería contestarte que todos. Por supuesto, B.B. King. Y T-Bone Walker. Magic Sam. Y más cerca en el tiempo, Magic Slim. No son músicos a los que traté de copiar, pero todos me influenciaron en algo y tomé pequeñas cosas de cada uno para tener mi propio sonido.

(SPDS)  ¿Como conoció a Muddy Waters ? 

* Lo conocí en Theresa's Lounge, que era un pequeño club, pero muy famoso en el que se reunían todos los músicos de blues de Chicago y los que venían de visita, gente como Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, James Cotton. Muddy solía ir de vez en cuando después de los shows. Desde el año 1974 yo fui el guitarrista estable de Theresa's junto a Sammy Lawhorn, que había sido guitarrista de Muddy durante varios años. Ahí lo vi algunas veces. Y cuando Muddy necesitó un guitarrista, Willie Dixon le dijo que podía contar conmigo, porque yo conocía toda su música, estudiaba sus temas, tenía una colección de LPs con unas 200 canciones y creo que me sabía las letras de todas (risas). Entonces cuando Muddy necesitó un guitarrista, Dixon le dijo mi nombre y él me vino a ver tocar. Yo estaba tocando con Willie por esa época.

(SPDS)  ¿Como fue el paso de Chicago Blues All-Stars a la banda de Muddy Waters? 

* Fue algo increíble. Dejame contarte algo. Durante mucho tiempo había un tipo bastante gordo que venía a Theresa's y a veces cuando cantaba algunas canciones lo veía que se movía con todo su cuerpo siguiendo el ritmo, como bailando mientras estaba sentado en una silla. Pasaron varios meses hasta que alguien me dijo que era Willie Dixon! Y claro, yo estaba cantando muchas de sus canciones y por eso él se ponía contento! Willie me dio una gran oportunidad, me enseñó mucho, sobre todo de la importancia de tener material original, de escribir mis propias canciones. Por eso estoy orgulloso de mi CD "All Original", porque son todas canciones propias siguiendo la tradición del blues de Chicago.
Dixon me recomendó a Muddy y eso fue algo muy importante para mí, yo era un joven guitarrista y estaba en uno de los puestos más codiciados en Chicago, guitarrista de Muddy Waters! Con Muddy aprendí muchísimo sobre el respeto de esta música, el respeto que le tenían quienes lo admiraban, el respeto con el que Muddy tocaba, nunca daba nada por sentado, siempre se exigía al límite.


(SPDS)  John fué partícipe de la noche mágica e inolvidable , para todos los fans Stones, el 22 de Noviembre de 1981 , en el único y soñado encuentro ente Muddy Waters y The Rolling Stones en el Checkboard Lounge en Chicago, ¿que recuerda de esa noche? 

* Bueno, yo tocaba con Muddy y en esa época no sabía qué estaba pasando, sabía que estaban los Rolling Stones en la ciudad y que tal vez iban a aparecer por el Checkerboard. Porque usualmente cuando llegaban a Chicago podían llegar a venir al Checkerboard, que era el club de Buddy Guy, donde tocaba Lefty Dizz y ellos estaban locos por Lefty Dizz y sabíamos que tal vez podían pegarse una vuelta. Pero nunca aparecieron, se encontraron con Dizz en alguna parte, pero esa noche aparecieron por Muddy Waters. Cuando los vi fue como... ¿quiénes son estos tipos? Nunca los había conocido, no sabía demasiado de los Rolling Stones. Quiero decir, sabía de ellos... pero la cosa fue que cuando los vi entrar, "guau"...  todos estaban bebiendo esa noche, lo podés ver en el video, todos estaban bebiendo whisky. Así que cuando llegaron, Muddy los invitó al escenario. Y lo sorprendió a Muddy también, y ellos saltaron al escenario y así seguimos toda la noche, tocando... Me sentí muy bien por eso, ahora está el video y todos pueden ver lo que fue esa noche. Ellos amaban a Muddy Waters y es algo que se puede ver, el respeto que le tienen, sus sonrisas por compartir el escenario con su ídolo. Recuerdo que Mick Jagger se daba vuelta y me hablaba, me alentaba a tocar y podía ver en su cara que simplemente estaba viviendo un momento esperado, aunque ya conocía a Muddy, subir a un escenario de blues de Chicago con Muddy no era lo mismo para él. Y estamos hablando de un cantante que logró todo en su vida, éxitos, ser reconocido mundialmente. Pero esa noche él era un fan con su ídolo, compartiendo un escenario y tocando unos blues.

 (SPDS)  ¿cual es su consideracion de su carrera como solista? 

* Estoy muy contento con mi carrera, tengo 14 CDs, no hay muchos músicos con tanta continuidad, sacando a B.B. King o a Buddy Guy. Me nominaron a varios premios como artista de Blues tradicional e incluso a un Grammy. Gané por mejor discos de blues tradicional un Blues Music Award, pero ya es importante estar nominado. Eso significa que se acuerdan de vos y que valoran tu trabajo. Este año me dieron dos "Lifetime Achivement Award" (Premios a la trayectoria) en dos festivales de Blues, me lo dieron dos sociedades de blues distintas y eso me puso muy contento. Este año vamos a grabar un tributo a Muddy Waters y vamos a salir de gira nuevamente por Estados Unidos y Europa. Y seguramente a comienzos del próximo año vuelva al estudio para grabar un nuevo disco como solista. Estoy muy contento con mi carrera.

(SPDS)  la gira que lo trae a la Argentina se llama "Blues on Solid 
Ground" nombre de su ultimo disco que tiene 13 composiciones propias y que tuvo grandes criticas y 2 nominaciones al blues music award ... ¿este disco es un tributo a sus raices y sus idolos? 

* Sí, exacto. Es un tributo a la música que escuchaba cuando vivía en Mississippi. Por eso en la foto de la tapa estoy en un campo de algodón y se puede ver una casa no muy distinta a la que yo vivía. La idea fue hacer un disco grabado en directo, con toda la banda junta. En algunos casos solamente con un piano y mi guitarra, o la armónica. Como eran esas reuniones en Camden, Mississippi, mi pueblo natal.

  (SPDS) Que musicos secundan a John Primer en Argentina? 

* Esta es la tercera gira que hago con ellos, realmente conocen mi estilo. Tenemos a Big Walter Loscocco en batería, uno de mis grandes amigos del blues, un buen tipo, muy gracioso y que sabe a dónde hay que ir a comer, no por nada lo llaman "Big Walter" (risas). Tenemos a Peyo Bottaro en teclados, su nombre es Nacho, pero todos lo conocen como Peyo. Bernie Errecat en armónica, sopla buenos blues. Sebastian Martinotti en el bajo, con él toqué la primera vez que vine hace mucho tiempo. Y no me quiero olvidar de Sleepy John, que esta vez no va a tocar conmigo, pero es un gran guitarrista que aprendió mucho de mí y respeta el estilo de Chicago.

(SPDS)  ¿tiene programado visitar algunos paises de sudamerica? ¿cuales ? 

* Bueno, ya estuve en algunas ciudades de Brasil este año y hace unos días me presenté en Montevideo, Uruguay. Hace dos años estuve en Chile. Me gustaría conocer otros lugares, sé que hay fanáticos del blues en Sudamérica, tal vez respetan más esta música que en otros lugares!

(SPDS)  ¿va a regresar a buenos Aires ?

* Por supuesto! Siempre y cuando me inviten, estoy dispuesto a agarrar mi guitarra y venir a tocar blues para ustedes. Pero me gustaría que el blues crezca, que el respeto que en Argentina le tienen al estilo sea algo que se expanda a otros países, incluso a los Estados Unidos. Me gusta la forma en que la gente me trata aquí, siempre quiere saber sobre el blues, hace preguntas, está dispuesta a escuchar lo que toco y reaccionan muy bien. Quiero dar siempre el máximo de mis posibilidades para estar a la altura de la gente con la que aprendí y mantener vivo de alguna manera su legado. El legado de Muddy Waters, de Willie Dixon, de Magic Slim. Del verdadero blues de Chicago.


John Primer se presenta el 13/9/13 a las 21 horas en La Trastienda Club
La Trastienda Club: 
Dirección: Balcarce 460; San Telmo ·
 Ciudad de Buenos Aires; Buenos Aires, Argentina
Teléfono: +54 (011) 4342-7650.



Interview with John Primer (by " Stones Please Dont Stop" )

Yesterday at noon , in the center of Buenos Aires City , before his departure to the city of Cordoba, interviewed John Primer , bluesman ! Muddy Waters guitarist and participant in the magical and unforgettable night for all Stones fans , the November 22, 1981 , in the only meeting being dreamed Muddy Waters and The Rolling Stones in the Checkboard Lounge in Chicago .

" Stones Please Dont Stop" , wants to thank the collaboration of Juan Urbano , who made this interview possible

( SPDS ) Why he decided to leave Mississippi and settle in Chicago ?

* Well, basically I went to Chicago because I wanted to get a job. Not that I was looking to be a musician , what I wanted was to have any job. My mother lived in Chicago , she moved to the city to help keep . My grandmother raised me . My father died when I was 3 years old. My mother came in the summers and stayed a few days , maybe two weeks and we talked about the city. And when I was 18 and wanted to get a better future, Chicago was where I came settle , because it was my mother and some relatives .

( SPDS ) In Mississippi : I dream of playing with musicians from the likes of Muddy Waters? . Dream ? "Their" present?

* Yes, I always loved Muddy Waters and Lightnin 'Hopkins , those were the musicians who played on the radio more . Bluesman Muddy Waters was the most important in the 50s and I knew all their songs. Or at least I thought that I knew ( laughs). By that time still did not play so well, but the singing , I knew the words and tried to play some slide and some basic chord accompaniment. But if you ask me if I dreamed of traveling the world playing blues , the answer is no . Little did I know that was possible . I wanted to meet Muddy Waters, being a musician . But I never thought I 'd get to have the career that I have .

 ( SPDS ) bluesmen Who were your influences?

* Well, mainly the ones I mentioned : Muddy Waters and Lightnin 'Hopkins . And Howlin 'Wolf , of course. I was fortunate to be the ultimate guitarist Muddy Waters, was four years until his death. I also liked Elmore James , the king of slide guitar . Sonny Boy Williamson II , his real name is Rice Miller , a great harmonica player , with very clever lyrics , was very popular in my youth. There are lots of bluesy influenced I should answer it all . Of course, B.B. King . And T -Bone Walker. Magic Sam . And closer in time, Magic Slim. There are musicians who tried to copy, but all influenced me in some small things and took everyone to have my own sound .

( SPDS ) How he met Muddy Waters?

* I met him at Theresa 's Lounge , which was a small club , but very famous which met every Chicago blues musicians and those who came to visit, people like Buddy Guy , Junior Wells , James Cotton. Muddy used to go occasionally after shows . Since 1974 I was the guitarist Theresa's stable with Sammy Lawhorn , who had played guitar with Muddy for several years. There I saw a few times. And when I needed a guitarist Muddy , Willie Dixon said he could count on me , because I knew all your music, studying their subjects, had a collection of LPs with 200 songs and I think I knew the lyrics to all ( laughs). Then when Muddy needed a guitarist, Dixon said my name and he came to see me play. I was playing with Willie at the time.

( SPDS ) How was the transition from Chicago Blues All- Stars to the Muddy Waters band ?

* It was incredible . Let me tell you something. For a long time there was a pretty big guy coming at Theresa's and sometimes when he sang some songs he saw that his body moved to the beat , and dancing while sitting in a chair. It took several months until someone told me it was Willie Dixon ! And of course, I was singing many songs and so he made ​​him happy ! Willie gave me a great opportunity , he taught me a lot, especially the importance of material, to write my own songs . So I am proud of my CD "All Original " because they are all original songs in the tradition of Chicago blues .
Dixon Muddy recommended me and that was something very important to me , I was a young guitarist and was one of the most coveted jobs in Chicago , guitarist for Muddy Waters ! With Muddy learned a lot about the respect of the music , his respect for those who had admired the respect with which Muddy played, never took anything for granted , always demanded the limit.


( SPDS ) John was a participant in the magical and unforgettable night for all Stones fans , the November 22, 1981 , in the only meeting being dreamed Muddy Waters and The Rolling Stones in the Checkboard Lounge in Chicago , what do you remember about that night?

* Well, I played with Muddy and at that time did not know what was happening, he knew the Rolling Stones in the city and that maybe they would appear by the Checkerboard . Because usually when they came to Chicago could get to come to Checkerboard , who was the club Buddy Guy, where he played Lefty Dizz and they were crazy about Lefty Dizz and we knew we could maybe stick around. But never found, Dizz met somewhere, but that night appeared Muddy Waters. When I saw it was like ... Who are these guys? I had never met, I did not know too much about the Rolling Stones. I mean , I knew of them ... but the thing was that when I saw them come in, "wow" ... everyone was drinking that night, you can see in the video , everyone was drinking whiskey. So when they arrived, Muddy invited to the stage. And Muddy surprised too, and they jumped on stage and so we go all night , playing ... I felt very good about it , now is the video and everyone can see what it was that night. They loved Muddy Waters and is something you can see, the respect you have , their smiles to share the stage with her idol. I remember Mick Jagger turned around and spoke to me, encouraged me to play and I could see in his face that he was simply living a moment expected, although I already knew Muddy , go on stage with Chicago blues Muddy was not the same for it. And we're talking about a singer who achieved everything in his life , successes , be recognized worldwide . But that night he was a fan with his idol , sharing a stage and playing some blues.

 ( SPDS ) which is its consideration of his solo career ?

* I am very happy with my career, I have 14 CDs, there are not many musicians with such continuity , bringing BB King or Buddy Guy . I was nominated for several awards as traditional blues artist and even a Grammy. Won for best traditional blues records the Blues Music Award , but it's important to be nominated. That means that they remember you and appreciate your work. This year I got two "Lifetime Achivement Award" ( Award to the path) in two festivals of Blues , I got two different blues societies and that made me very happy . This year we will record a tribute to Muddy Waters and we will go on tour again by the United States and Europe. And probably early next year back to the studio to record a new solo album. I am very happy with my race .

( SPDS ) that brings the tour to Argentina is called "Blues on Solid
Ground " name of his last album has 13 original compositions and had great reviews and 2 blues music award nominations ... this album is a tribute to their roots and their idols ?

* Yes, exactly . It is a tribute to the music I listened to when I lived in Mississippi. So in the top photo I'm in a cotton field and you can see a house not unlike the one I lived . The idea was to make a live album , with the whole band together. In some cases only a piano and my guitar , or harmonica. As these meetings were in Camden , Mississippi , my hometown.

  ( SPDS ) that abet musicians John Primer in Argentina ?

* This is the third tour I do with them , really know my style . We have Big Walter Loscocco on drums, one of my great friends of the blues, a good guy , very funny and knows where to go to eat , not for nothing they call " Big Walter " ( laughs). We Peyo Bottaro on keyboards, his name is Nacho , but everyone knows him as Peyo . Bernie Errecat on harmonica, blowing good blues. Martinotti Sebastian on bass, played with him the first time I came a long time ago . And I do not want to forget about Sleepy John , that this time it will not touch me, but is a great guitarist who learned a lot from me and respects the style of Chicago .

( SPDS ) is scheduled to visit some countries in South America ? Which?

* Well , I've been in some cities in Brazil this year and a few days ago I appeared in Montevideo, Uruguay . Two years ago I was in Chile. I would like to visit other places , I know there are blues fans in South America , perhaps more respect this music in other places!

( SPDS ) is returning to Buenos aires ?

* Of course ! As long as you invite me , I'm ready to grab my guitar and come play blues for you . But I would like the blues grow, that respect that Argentina will have the style is something that is spreading to other countries, including the United States. I like the way people treat me here , always want to know about the blues , asks questions , is willing to listen to what I play and react very well . I want to always give the best of my ability to keep up with people I learned and somehow keep alive his legacy. The legacy of Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Magic Slim. The true blues of Chicago .







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario